1. - Top - End - #1284
    Banned

Default Re: D&D 5th Editon Discussion: 6th thread and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lampert View Post
    10' corridor is worse for the orcs. I picked one of the stronger melee monsters and put it in melee at 3:2 odds. It can't win except by great luck. It can't attrition meaningfully.

He's the one and ONLY melee build in the game that's pregenned, it would be LESS contrived if I brewed my own? Because I'm pretty sure I can do better with what they've given us.

The enviroment is special in that the monsters have 3:1 odds at the point of contact rather than 1:1 and that only one other PC is helping, that's contrived, but not in a way that helps.

The playtest includes not a single open field engagement without available cover or choke points, if that's contrived then EVERY ONE of their six scenarios has every single combat contrived. The entire MAP is contrived, there simply aren't any places without an available choke point close by or there are pechs keeping the enemy from attacking at all while it stands helpless and waits to be killed.

Oh, and the rogue can ALWAYS succeed at every social encounter DC in the entire packet.

DougL
    Any field of combat that allows one combatant to become untargetable but allows them to target others is contrived. You might as well pit the thousand orcs against a wizard behind a thick wall with a tiny hole to cast magic missile through. In a 10 by 10 hall the cleric can be targeted the dwarf can be bull rushed & the orcs can focus down the cleric without caring about the dwarf's high durability
    Last edited by Anderlith; 2012-09-25 at 12:34 AM.