View Single Post

Thread: D&D 3.5 Gorebarian Class

1. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: D&D 3.5 Gorebarian Class

Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Actually, if you have Impact on a blunt weapon with a 19-20 crit range, you can increase it to 17-20, and 15-20 while raging. If you want a splattermonkey weapon, use the Greathorn Minotaur Greathammer (MM4, greathorn minotaur entry) for a 19-20 x4 range, and at level 20, 13-20.

That's a 35% chance per HIT to threaten. That's, without any buffs, a technical 140% chance to threaten a critical, which instantly splats an enemy.

I like, but there's a bit much in terms of abuse potential.

Yeah, I agree. I guess at this point I feel pretty satisfied with what I've got here. I'm not going to go hunting for the Minotaur Greathammer, since I had seen that before and it just sounds too power gamy, and this character would need an exotic weapon proficiency to even use it, something I don't have the feat slots to use. And I'm not going to multi-class fighter so I can get it. I wanted something I could stick with that felt more cohesive than the vanilla barbarian, and allowed me to stay viable late game compared to the other characters in our party.

One question though, where do you get the 140% chance to threaten a critical? Is there something about the mechanics I'm not understanding here? If you roll your crit threat range on the dice you re-roll, and if you hit, you land the crit, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    It's a little disappointing that you can't use the giant axe that barbarians love so much.
    I understand how you feel, but I guess in my mind, it's a bit of a far stretch to say that an axe would splatter an enemy. Perhaps one day I'll try to tackle a "Sunderbarian". For the time being, I'd like to show clubs and maces a little much needed love.

EDIT: Oh, um, that isn't that stupid great hammer. Sheesh, is that really WotC official? Who created that abomination?
    Last edited by johnroth; 2012-09-26 at 01:49 PM.
    I'm an aspiring author, and I have a blog. If you visit, please make sure to leave a comment:
    http://johnpaulroth.blogspot.com/
    Thanks!