Quote Originally Posted by Luzahn View Post
Oh, I would hate it in the Imperium. Unless I was a Rogue Trader, if those are still around. To just find a job and keep flying seems like a more exciting and fulfilling life than having all of your needs met in the Culture. Ultimately, the Culture could collapse, and if it did, much of the organic life within would be too soft to cope with it.
Oh they're around and have their own RPG and all.

In many ways live better then most in 40k... but... they're job description also includes routinely spending time in hell just a few devices and an arrogant mutant away from disaster. Also like any boss job it surely proves less glorious on a daily basis then it might seem. (Paperwork....)

Me if I absolutely had to live in the 40k verse I'd probably go with those human populations that have defected to the Tau. Technological advancement, an inclusive if not permissive social policy and so forth means their something like hope there. If the 'Nids and Chaos don't eat everything quick enough the Tau have a better outlook then anyone. Only crap FTL really holding them back.