View Single Post

Thread: Guild Wars 2!

1. - Top - End - #770
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Guild Wars 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerask View Post
    and I must say, I´m about done with dungeons in gw2, the trash packs are way way too powerful while the """bosses""" are well in comparison pretty easy really.

Anet in my opinion has it completely backwards (as have many mmos before), the trash should be there to make you feel heroic and only should pose a real threat when they come in huge numbers (makes you feel even more heroic) or when they have prepared a cunning trap, they should never have more hitpoints, better abilities or be immune to almost anything you can do.
    1-The whole instance should be a challenge, trash and bosses, not just one or the other. In reality they should leave the trash as is and buff up the bosses a notch or two.
    2-Easy trash followed by challenging boss creates a sort of 'cruise control' mentality where people turn their brains off for the trash, and then tend to get spanked by the boss as a result.
    3-If I can kill 10 guys without having to work for it, were any one of them a challenge for me? Probably not. So what exactly is heroic about killing 10 guys who are not a challenge?
    4-Get better. Work better as a team.
    5-Good Luck!
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-09-27 at 04:34 PM.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."