1. - Top - End - #124
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: LGBTAitp 27: Of Shoes, and Ships, and Sealing Wax

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I only really flirt on the playground, rather than Flirting. The former is just for funzies. Genuine romantic desire would be much less... blunt. Until the point where, unable to see through the mists of subtlety, I ask directly 'are we still joke-flirting?'
    Well now I have to wonder which is which at which part of the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    mm. I may be misunderstanding you, but isn't that like saying your bones are innate because your body grows them - and then ignoring that your environment plays a huge part in how they form?
    Spoiler
    Show

It's more like innate might not have been the best word to choose in particular, but your bones can only grow in so many ways and if someone tries to break them there's only so many ways that a given bone will reform to the stimulus. Even with the leading explanation for sexuality actually changing, which, as far as I can recall, is still a bit of a gray area due to the usual ages of the children involved, is such that it's more whether the person who experiences that kind of traumatic event has the potential for being affected in that way.

Also it's a bad example because the bones will form as they form so long as there's nothing catastrophically wrong happening. Or maybe it's still good because I only recall equally traumatic things as giving rise to what we think are changes in sexuality as opposed to just ceasing to live life in denial and/or the closet.

Sexuality arises from the self in my view, and while people can try to break you in many, many ways, what allows one's sexuality to be broken is, again, something intrinsic to the person being broken or else the techniques would roughly work on all of us.

There have been sitcom and drama episodes about this, actually. Usually involving breaking in to the scientist's computer and finding who is in which group and then switching pills around and ruining the scientific process. So long as the scientist doesn't mention it a lot, I don't think it's a real problem. People know that most of cofee getting rid of their caffeine headache is a placebo effect, but still need the coffee, after all.
    Hmm, I'd forgotten about that. Only increases my unease with the idea of making a big deal out of it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nope
    What does it say about me that I read the "****" as "butt"?

Too much or not enough Adventure Time
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-09-27 at 08:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide