Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
Let me guess. You had been losing the early game hard but made a major comeback about halfway into the match.

Yeah, if I am correct you had the dominion "balancer" take pity on you and made your respawn times a fraction of the enemy team's. This is very important as it leads to a fresh from spawn team engaging an already half dead team and taking points.

This leads to the enemy team having to suffer unduly long respawns while our team is free to take a few points, grab some health relics and defend with the home turret advantage.

So yeah, I have had games where I almost lose because the enemy team has a 5 second respawn and we have a 20-30 second one.
Well, we lost the initial fight for Top, but exchanged three deaths for one and then recovered admirably. We were winning solidly through most of the rest of the game too.

Also... I haven't heard of this "balancer". AFAIK, Dominion spawns work on "waves" - if one person drops early in the fight, their respawn time sets it for anyone else who dies during that period. So if one drops at exactly twelve minutes in, and the rest of the team gets instaquadra'd ten seconds later, they all spawn when the first person does, effectively shortening their respawn by ten seconds.

I guess we were just that epic at defending points? We had a few champions who are really hard to get off a point, and the enemy team simply wasn't that together with defending, mostly charging around the map picking up the occasional undefended points and getting jungle/lane ganks, rather than knocking defenders off their points or defending their own points all that well.