Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
Also, especially lower level players are horrible at fighting fights that count and going for the points. They might win on top while bot lost and got capped; mebbe they got a point for it too but they lost another one and make no progress and eventually just lose. It happens all the time in solo queue even if you personally position correctly; premades with good understanding of the map logic and good map awareness have an insane advantage because of this (the reason competitive Dom teams routinely trash Diamond Elo SR teams without sufficient Dominion experience).
My most basic though on Dominion (and LoL in general) is that having any coherent plan - even a bad one - is far better than having 5 different plans, one for each player.

Once the panic sets in, once you get the feeling that this is going to be a loss, each player decides everyone else on his team is an idiot, and tries to save the day solo. Including me, of course.

By this time, frustration has already set in, which means that making suggestions in chat will get response based on the above - you will get called an idiot. The game is thus beyond saving, except by sheer, dumb luck.

The one trick that I know - and that sometimes works - is to find the guy on my team who's doing the best, and just follow him around, helping him do even better.