View Single Post

Thread: Goblins IX: For that, you shall DIE!

1. - Top - End - #1085
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Goblins IX: For that, you shall DIE!

Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    The Erinyes are the exception, yes, I did think of that (and they're rumored to be corrupted angels so it fits nicely). But Duv's wing is white, though of course that could just be because the rest of her is. Oh, who's this Lieutenant and what's he doing in Baator? Does this have anything to do with the fact that Bugbears get their own god but Hoblins don't?
    Hobgoblins do in fact have their own god (Nomog-Geaya) who watches over them and serves as their patron. The goblin god of cooperation and teamwork is Bargrivyek, who serves Malgubliyet (who is, incidentally, the god of caution and mistrust) as a steady right hand. Bargivyek is known as the Peacekeeper; he is Lawful Evil and makes his home in the Nine Hells of Baator in the ironically-named Peaceful Lands. Bargrivyek emphasizes unity to all of goblinkind and works to smooth over infighting between various tribes of goblins or species of goblinoid by directing them at their 'true' enemies, such as orcs, elves, humans, gnolls, and pretty much anyone that pushes goblins around. Through him, Malgubliyet politics with Baator, just as he uses the god of bugbears as a liason to the Abyss.

EDIT: There's no canonical color for Erinyes wings, but the one pictured is white.
    Last edited by Lord_Gareth; 2012-10-07 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig