View Single Post

Thread: Undead=Evil

1. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Undead=Evil

Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    I thought it was to do with this bit:

with the idea that until the undead creature is destroyed, it can't be revived.
    The description of the undead type already contradicts the necessity of destroying the undead, and there's an argument to be made that a character and his corpse become seperate upon death unless he becomes an intelligent undead. Specifically, if it doesn't have his thoughts or memories, or indeed any thoughts or memories, its not really him. Just an animate husk that looks like him and used to belong to him.

As far as I can see there are no rules that explicitly tie a soul to a mindless undead creature, only ambiguous implication.

It doesn't much matter though. There's already a solid argument for mindless undead being evil without mucking about with souls. Intelligent undead are already only as evil as the want to be. Though in most cases their creation is evil even without being explicitly stated as such.
    Last edited by Kelb_Panthera; 2012-10-08 at 03:17 PM.
    I am not seaweed. That's a B.

Praise I've received
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Kelb, recently it looks like you're the Avatar of Reason in these forums, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    [...] bringing Kelb in on your side in a rules fight is like bringing Mike Tyson in on your side to fight a toddler. You can, but it's such massive overkill.
    A quick outline on building a homebrew campaign