Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
True, this is probably the case, but filler should still actually BE exciting. The build up of the enemy guilds, and those in said guilds, did not pay off.

Raven Tail? Completely destroyed by Laxus in an anticlimax.
and justified. old emotional issues->rising emotions->strength->can of whoop ass

Besides
Raven tail was supposed to be the antithesis of FT, that is, that's what they aimed for, But in the end they turned out to be weak, especially after the training from hell FTB seems to have had.

Sting and Rogue? Ruined completely by Natsu in an anticlimax.
with all the animosity between Natsu and ST, see above, besides, Natsu has a powerlevel over 9000, especially since he got his reserves doubled and migrated into not only fire, but lightning as well... that scanner is right you know...

The Sabertooth Guild Leader? Seemingly KILLED by Sting, thus getting rid of a possible Guild Leader fight, which could of been awesome.
again, ayup, you guessed it, emotions+DS magic=win (it's becoming a pattern isn't it? Almost sees like Naruto's Sharingan hax)

The only pay off that I really liked was whats her face beating the ever loving crap out of Lucy, and the man fight vs Bacchus and Elfman. Though with that last one it wasn't as good as it should of been.
Lucy getting beaten didn't do it for me. Oh lucy needs to lose... But she has the best chances with having the key to aquarius and all. No worries, Aquarius will go into bitchmode leaving Lucy powerless.

elfman was awesome all right. he fought like a Real Man(tm)

Seriously. He basically says, strait out, that after he beats you he's going to forcibly sex up your sister and her best friend. Taking his bet and having your side be "you have to have a silly nickname is...really not suitable.
I think you misunderstood: It was about taking the manliness away from his enemy, turning him into his bitch. That's worse then sisters. Waaayyy worse. Besides Elfman knows MJ can handle herself
Oh, right, also those two chapters before chapter 300. Those were good filler chapters (even if the first one was really really really shallow).
Oh hell yeah. First fanservice heaven (more or less), then a well written chapter without dialogue, I mean that's hard to do man, expressing without dialog.