Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
I do indeed enjoy the application of tomato sauce, as we so simply refer to ketchup here in Australia, on certain foods. I also have no problem with tomato soup, pasta sauces that use tomatoes, or any number of tomato containing foods. It must merely be an unusual property of the tomato.
However, my skin reacts to the stems and leaves of the tomato plant making picking them an unpleasant experience if carried on for too long.

Hmm... Such an interesting range of colours... Similar to that of garnet itself...
I do believe one can get garnets in all shades of red and similar colours. Also in green for some reason.

Anyway... Goodnight to you Kneenibble. Enjoy your rest.
It's interesting about your reaction: they are a poisonous plant after all. Do you suffer the same from handling other nightshades? Could you reap your bounty with gloves? The gardener in me springs like a shoot at the thought of such indomitable wild tomatoes.

I was pondering how in a very warm sunny climate, gardening is more about control and restraint: plant life is a wild active force that must be channeled in order to be useful. On the other hand in a very temperate climate like mine, gardening is more about nurturing and care, because [edible] plant life is a delicate fragile force that cannot thrive on its own. So our experiences of the garden are vastly different.

Garnets are, indeed, a fabulous, fabulous stone. They range in colour from yellows to reds to pinks to browns to oranges and yes, indeed, the juicy delicious saturated green of tsavorite. Garnets are very near the top of my list of favourite jewels. My most beloved ring is an Australian opal surrounded by tsavorites.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
I live forever
In the world of yesterday
It is the sadness

-Z
*snaps fingers as at a candlelit poetry reading with fancy coffee*