1. - Top - End - #542
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition Chat Thread

Time for a rundown on the Fearmonger!

Fear Immunity
    • I think you meant, "The Fearmonger becomes immune to Fear effects".

Intense Fear
    • I think you meant, "Creatures that are outside the range of" not "If the creature is outside the range of".

Paralyzing Fear
    • I think you meant "choose to substitute", not "choose substitute".

That's it for the grammar bits, except that I suggest re-reading over the entry and polishing it up some more, since I saw several places that could use commas.

• So, this class is meant for an entry at level 10? And who is meant to normally enter it? Because as it is, I don't see a Wizard or Sorceror giving up 10 levels of spellcasting for what the class grants. And very few melee classes would choose it, but I could definitely see using it on a Dragon.
    • What is "Proficiencies: Fear"?
    • What is the "Optionally" bit?
    • Why does the class have a BAB requirement and than gives a medium progression?
    • Why isn't a Fearmonger immune to his own Fear Aura initially? That makes it kind of a pain to use.
    • What exactly does Transfer Fear do other than remove fear debuffs from your allies?
    • Fear the Fearless should probably mention more in-depth what it exactly effects.
    • I personally like Paralyzing and Mind-Killing Fear. They give you interesting things to do with Fear in general.
    • The opinion I have on this class is similar to what I had for the Paranormal Seeker back in the second competition. It doesn't really Wow me or stand out, but it has really good utility use for what it represents and for that reason I could definitely see it being used.
    Last edited by Tanuki Tales; 2012-10-14 at 11:23 AM.