Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
I don't have charge - I'm a Sentinel.

Unless you mean the heavy melee, which does knock them away - but if the hit is enough to kill them they die in mid-air, close enough for you to take damage. But slapping them away when they're too healthy to die is a great tactic, as you can turn them into living grenades with a quick shot.
Yes, Krogan Charge is the name of their heavy attack. An you're right, only the batarian gets enough distance. I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
After a Silver match, I find the Volus Adept to be a curious character. Stasis is, as always, good. The Biotic Orbs do very little damage, so I kept them on most of the time to be able to spam the other two powers. They do detonate biotic explosions, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Now, the Shield Boost is quite the power. Without it, the Volus crumple like tissue paper, but at level 6 with the damage reduction upgrade, it not only saved my skin but let me soak up Banshees' blasts and Ravagers' shots.
... What.

3 orbs, 15% cooldown bonus, cumulative 15% greater damage to target struck. Gold. Fire three orbs at a brute, and not only is it half dead, it's also able to drop Tom a single predator X clip.

Personally, I never used stasis. I had points in it but it was terrible compared to healing or damage-debuffing.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
The Phoenix Vanguard remains the only Vanguard that can both set up and detonate biotic explosions. Not as easy to do as when Smash had a sub-2 second cooldown, but with some shield boosting gear and consumables Smash into Charge is still very possible.
Human vanguard can both set up and detonate biotic explosions.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I detest Phase Disruptor, so I don't really count that as a point in the Slayer's favour.
It's not that bad. Several wide area shots that decimate your choice of barriers or armor, nothing to sneeze at. Especially if you can coax phantoms into those small rooms. By te time you're done with the biotic slash animation you're already dropping more wide area phase disruptions on them.

Just don't get shot by That Marauder.

I'll admit that Biotic Slash is an excellent skill that hits hard, but given that its wind-up time is even longer than Smash's, if you have to do it out in the open, you're in trouble. Also, the fact that you can't melee or roll-cancel out of Biotic Slash is a drawback. Don't get me wrong, I love playing my Slayer, but I think it's about on-par with the Phoenix.

I forgot about the Asari Vanguard's Stasis into Charge detonation, because I haven't specced her with Stasis for a long time (nor do I particularly miss it, due to the long cooldown time on Stasis making for very inefficient biotic explosions), but I contest the Drell Vanguard's self-detonation capability.

Yes, Pull into Charge or Cluster Grenades works, but on higher difficulties the number of enemies you are capable of Pulling lowers so rapidly that it's not really worth it in my opinion.
That's not true. There is always something with a health bar, and it is mechanically more damaging to pull a health bar enemy into a heavy and detonate than just spam grenades. Just because te first part of the combo isn't "prime" doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Especially with area pull - it inflicts about a bar of damage or so to a marauder's shields when fired off, and ccasionally staggers them.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
It's fine not to like PD, but that doesn't make it any weaker. I personally hate using flame turrets (I like my turrets to be next to me) but I can't deny their damage output on armor either.

Regarding BS, I find the long windup matters less when you can do it from that much further away, behind multiple walls.

Regarding the Asari Van, if I may say so, you're doing it wrong - remember the Stasis only breaks when you take out their shield/barrier. So SOP is to freeze them with bubble, pump them full of bullets (preferably from your Harrier or Hurricane) until they have a single bar of shield left, then charge to finish the job. Mastering this technique lets you solo multiple Phantoms with ease, since they tend to run single-file into it. Even if they don't die from the explosion, they stay ragdolled on the ground, easy prey for execution shots.

Drell I'll give you, but it's not that hard to spray some bullets to lower a shield, pull that target and charge in to explode all over the still-shielded ones either. Or toss grenades followed by area pull.
Are you certain that's how Stasis works? It's set to release them after a certain amount of damage, not when their barrier breaks. There is an evolution to increase this threshold, and I just finish some matche wherein the VOLUS would stasis and phantoms fell out before their shields broke. They fell out when their shields broke too, but that's because the headshots exceeded the threshold.

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
The Battlefield 3 Soldier class? That's impossible. You can only get it if you own Battlefield 3. Plus, it stinks. Replace concussion shot with carnage, and you lose the whole point of the human soldier: lock down and keep the pressure on.
no he is correct. The battlefield 3 soldier kit with the burnt orange side is no longer exclusive, and neither is the M55 Argus or the AT12 Raider. They were released seqwntially over the four week period leading up to the newest DLC. I got both the argus and the battlefield soldier kit within ten minutes of their release - in both cases, before they even showed the big placard at multiplayer startup. If you go back a couple pages and look through my posts you'll see where I said I got it. I figured it was because someone hacke my email prior, and used it on their box.