Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
So, make the story into cheap fanfic contradicting whole canon? Where would be any tension in that?

I suddenly have much more respect for Strife's stance on rewriting now.
I'm sorry I keep picking arguments with you, but... what?

Which part are you objecting to - the idea that teamwork can work, or that a leader can be inspirational, or that Celestia-and-Luna are a force to be reckoned with? Or what?

Also, what "whole canon" are you talking about? If your objection is the first, I point you first of all at the Elements of Harmony - which can only work in concert with one another. If the third, take a look at the abilities each has demonstrated over the course of canon - including brilliant light (similar to that with which phoenixes defeat dragons), weather control, single-hoofedly raising and lowering the sun and moon, teleportation, and what appears to be inanimate-to-animate transformation without a hint of hornglow. These may not be directly combat-relevant, but I defy you to point to anything in canon, outside the episode whose redesign is under discussion, that suggests the Princesses cannot handle themselves in a fight.