Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
But you can't just make a portmanteau of any two words and retain the meaning the meant it to have.
I don't make up the neologisms and harness enough belief to make them into proto-words and eventually words, I just have hazy recollections of being bludgeoned by a Natalie Reed blog post.

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
There were a few seniors in gym classes in my high school. Either because they were taking it for fun/to keep in shape, or because they had failed it every year previously.
Same here, though I don't think anyone did it save for transfers and those who had otherwise slipped through the cracks due to things like JROTC. Never were enough to make up an entire class, though classes were in the 30-50 range depending upon how the hours broke down, they were large enough that they actually broke them further down into two sub-classes each with one of the coaches, though they'd come back together for certain games/square dancing.

Due to the city we're in, they actually managed to get some pretty good square dance people to come in for that for a good while, though I think that era had passed before I went through.