Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
First Page!

Got a kinda vs. question.
If I may start with a personal question: Is there some particular reason these fascinate you?

Anyways you've run this scenario a lot of ways here's the answer for most all of them.

Ponies are sentient beings of similar minds to humans. They are perhaps generally nicer but excepting maybe being herbivores they are don't have terribly bizarre ethics or incomprehensible alien turns of thought. Both species think in a lot of the same terms. Likewise humans while maybe less nice on average are often overstated in terms of bastardry.

So should human and pony civilizations meet it would probably follow much as any have in history. A mix of good and bad weaving a complex picture known as history, which really doesn't lend itself to summary. Though summary is nessecary for all its faults.

If there's a difference it will be one of degrees. For most of human history you would have the Ponies in a position of strength given their tech and personal prowess that only the modern era reverses, so probably more like Europe and China then Europe and America. With the ponies being if anything the dominant party for some time, but with no real reason to take interest in distant Europe. Until tech reverses the trend, if it reverses the trend.

Even the implications of magic so huge for us now before the late 19th century or so (no earlier then the industrial revolution) they probably roll right off people of the past and become a simple fact of the world. The history of science as it likes to see itself is fairly recent, Issac Newton was an alchemist for example. Pegasi can fly, well so can birds somehow, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
Well, now I can check "Post on the first thread page" off of my list of things to do before I die.
Heh you should try shooting for first post for like 15 threads.