Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
Trigger warnings: same.
Spoiler
Show
So I just ran across this article by a now-former Amherst student about her rape and how the college dealt with it. Here's the school president's response.
Spoiler
Show
So... Obviously, this person:

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why are we trusting everything Angie writes, specifically about Amherst College's administration? I think everyone should seek a little background information before gobbling up every word written.
is an idiot, and other things less pleasant. That is not something I'm disputing, or feel should be disputed.

But was anyone else bothered by this response to said idiot (specifically the 'male-bodied' bit, since the rest seems accurate enough):

Quote Originally Posted by T
You are clearly a male bodied, ignorant, and terrible person.
?

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
Although I am getting mighty sick of 'you'll find someone', especially since, 90% of the time, I get it from people who already have...
What reaction would you suggest, then? (Which, in case the meaning is lost, is a serious question; I have a friend who keeps getting depressed over that (other things contribute too, but, y'know, can't really go into it all that much), and if that can be problematic, I'd appreciate advice as to what else I should do from someone who knows what they're talking about.)