Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
As I also see huge potential for an RPG-FPS (Fallout 3, Oblivion, etc.), where you probably could play as a solo Space Marine, or something.
I don't know how relevant it might be, but I've played a really strange French game, called E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy, which almost was this. I think; it was pretty hard to follow. I believe the gist of it was that you're "not a space marine," and you're sent down to an "abandoned" planet to weed out the remaining gang members and werewolves that sprang up from the not twisted-evil-metaphysical-mirror-of-reality. I believe in the end you have to purge your fellow brethren for disloyalty or something even. It kind of had a bad translation.

Anyways, I imagine a 40k game could easily move along similar lines. You're given a wide range of ways to tackle a problem. Do you run in, guns blazing and murder everybody? Do you you run in, giant hammer blazing and murder everyone? Do you hack into everyone's brains, destroy their weapons, and then murder everyone? It does not present "moral" choices, but it does give you a bunch of really cool tactical choices about how to handle a problem, like Deus Ex is famous for. In a similar vein, it could easily present moral dilemmas, where the player has do something they are not altogether comfortable doing, thus creating tension.