Daniel's mindset right now is 'As of this moment, I could care less if anyone is pissed, as long as we survive'. This is the second time we've faced down with 'civilians' who, oh by the way, are now soulless undead abominations under the control of an insane overlord who would not hesitate to kill us all. Daniel is officially done giving anyone the benefit of the doubt, and is focusing on getting the team out alive. As for the vampires, well, terribly sorry, lads.

Not to mention, he didn't actually prepare for a nonlethal engagement. All of his gear and training is set up for kills, and in the heat of battle, it's damn hard to focus on purpose over instinct.

"If you ever get jumped by a rampaging alligator, you want me to just go ahead and let that eat you, too?" Is essentially what his response would be. Not saying it's logical or right (I know I have problems with it) but this is how the character would react in a given situation, and I'd rather stick with Daniel Jovus than suddenly play a Shaolin Monk.

@Benson: The KO was aimed at FPS.

Aaaand now back to rainbows and sunshine!