Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
Concerning the Fury:
This is a playstyle difference; I never melee with my Fury, and have no trouble topping the charts in Gold.
You misunderstand. I was pointing out that you were basing your objective evaluation of a build's effectiveness based off of your playstyle. My point was that assuming you were going to be a fury with a shotgun (which was the premise) the heavy hitting weapon build was superior to being a distance fury who has a bad choice of gun. If you are A) a fury, who B) packs a shotgun which C) requires getting in close, then you are better off doing 1200 damage per light melee attack, while encasing your enemies in biotic fire, than you are basically being a slower Standard N7 Fury Model.

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
Wait, challenge Banner? Do we get commendation packs for beating the challenges?
It's not an N7 weekend challenge. It's a fun "it's a holiday, let's have fun with it" thing. Otherwise 7,500 points would be waaay too low.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
That's not really what I was looking for; I meant more different in terms of play style. The Asari Adept and Human Sentinel both have Warp -> Throw as their obvious go-to damage dealer, and that makes them too similar for me - I'll just use the Asari when I want to do that. I was hoping somebody might have tried something more out-there with the Sentinel and found some success with it, something that would differ from the obvious Warp -> Throw oriented tactic.
Try using different foci. Add damage an force instead of radius to the throw. Or get full defense on tech armor and use warp for armor weakening. The problem is any other good build is Gun-Heavy, and you don't like playing that way.

Rank 6 of warp grants 25% armor weakening by the way, compared to cryoblast's 10+15.

Hm, interesting, though I'd be quite hesitant to go without the flamethrower. Still, I do have three respec cards now (thank you, Veteran packs), so I could try that, especially if I decide to change to a build with 0 or 3 in Hunter Mode.
The flamethrower does not do extra armor damage (that's a quarian thing) and does the same or less as the single shot. The geth turret is the strongest turret/drone in the game, an has homing shots which hit for gads of damage and that can set of bursts. Setting it near you lets it direct you to nearby enemies, cover you in case of fire out of nowhere, and is basically a more functional version of the Hawk missile launcher. You don't lose much, and you become a better medic - throw the turret on their body to distract executioners, damage nearby foes and proved an instant full charge to their shields.

Yes, I know they did away with the damage multipliers of ME2 there. But the Geth Plasma SMG is quite noticeably good at stripping shields quickly, while meanwhile suffering immensely against armor, so I nonetheless think of it as an anti-shield weapon.
The eagle is just as good, though, and the high velocity barrel on the geth plasma SMG makes it one of the better anti armor weapons.

[quote]
The Disciple is weaker than the Eviscerator, so I'd just be surrendering firepower if I went with that now that my Eviscerator gives 200% cooldown.[/auote]

Shotgun omniblade is a heavy mod. The eviscerate with an omniblade would be 160%, the disciple is usually 180%+. On a shadow with no points in passive, the disciple with omniblade hits 160%.

Batarian Brawler, eh? Really not sure what I'll do with that one if I get it. Lash seems so out-of-place on a Vanguard that I'd normally ignore it in favor of other powers, but if I were to do that, I'd just end up with an inferior version of my Krogan Vanguard build.
The batarian is superior to the Krogan in terms of pure damage by a full 1/4th. Blade armor inflicts two and a half-times that creature's damage. Enforcement gauntlet also gives you DR equal to a fully buffed Krogan. Plus you can actually see where you are going and your gun has more extra ammo.

I don't know, that damage buff seems awfully small. I mean, I know it has a great rate-of-fire, but still, considering what SiuiS outlined about the specific mechanics of armor above, it's certainly not going to be the least bit more useful against armored foes.

Zevox
It's deceptive. The geth pulse rifle fires fast and accurate, and it ends up with power roughly equal to the geth plasma SMG. Now, it's actually better, since the pinpoint accuracy obviates the trouble with headshots.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
Well, its primary strength (aside from its weight/'coolness factor') is its accuracy, so I'm also looking at the increased headshot multiplier. And with a max AR piercing mod (which I have) I think I can cut down the armor DR quite a bit. (80%? I think?)
Unless you mean the new high velocity barrel, it caps at 65%, which is still sufficient on gold to reduce the gun to minimum damage. Unless you're also packing armor piercing ammo, or have a sufficient boost from expendables and passive, you're better off with the barrel extension.

And yet, I find the Asari much more survivable - Stasis has prevented much more damage to my Adept than tech armor ever would.
Toupe fallacy. Of course the things you obviously see stop mid-motion have a more memorable impact than all the times you didn't die because you took less damage. Plus stasis is only useful against two enemies which cause problems. Techs rumor helps against all of them. The armor also specifically gives you more out of expendables; a cyclonic mod 3 and my standard gear gives me a full 170% more shields.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Blinky View Post
Is there an up to date list of the weapons stats available? I know there was a spreadsheet that's been posted a few times, but it doesn't look like it's been updated in a while.
There is a site for building characters, I'll try to find it. It seems up to date via info digging, so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
Toss incendiary ammo on this if you don't mind being absurdly overpowered.
if I mixed bein absurdly overpowered, I would stand alone against the reaper menace.