Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
Eh. One good point, a couple of dubious ones, and a couple that are just wrong.
#5: Even the article itself admits the whole "Galactic Celebration" at the end of RotJ doesn't make a lot of sense in context. Plus, there's the little matter of that silliness being a Special Edition addition - the early EU material (including the Thrawn trilogy) predated the SE releases, so this was really the first case of Lucas taking a dump on the EU rather than the EU getting it wrong.

#4: While I agree that the "Emperor's Clones" thing is more than a little terrible, it also only took place in a source that is rarely-to-never even referenced outside of itself. Can't we just take the Dark Empire comics as SW's Star Trek V or Threshold, and never speak of it again?

#3: Here's one I can agree with wholeheartedly. The increasing number of "Order 66 Survivors" - largely invalidating a central premise of the OT - was one of the first things to start turning me off of the EU. However. We're talking about a setting with a million+ inhabited worlds; rebuilding the Jedi Order post-RotJ by finding a limited number of untrained Force-sensitives out of such a crowd doesn't seem unreasonable (and was one of the few good points in the otherwise-lackluster Jedi Academy trilogy).

#2: Well... maybe. Yes, the whole "Bad guys build super-weapon, good guys overcome incredible odds to destroy it" plot does get old. On top of which, it seems to recur mostly in not-highly-regarded sources, like the aforementioned Dark Empire comics or the Jedi Academy books. On the other hand, with the resources at the Empire's disposal? A whole fleet of Death Stars shouldn't be out of reach; and the minds responsible for its design (and/or the designers' colleagues and competitors) probably would go on to work on bigger and better projects.

Finally, #1: what is this i dont even
The writer of the article is as badly off the rails as on #5, starting with the embrace of the imbecilic PT-era "Emotions Bad LOL" party line (note that in the OT only negative emotions were the path to the Dark Side, and Vader's familial feelings were ultimately responsible for his turn away from the Dark Side). And the account of Legacy-era events presented reads like the author has at best heard a distorted third- or fouth-hand retelling of them, rather than actually being familiar with them himself.