So after watching a bunch of more episodes....
Meh.

Im seriously bugged by having this sort of "Rebellious kids overcome the stupid adults" thing going.

Especially since the stupid adults are the justice league.

I don't like any of the little snots. They are all this generally single bland line of "Rebellious teen defeating the stupid adults MAAAAAAN" thing going.

With some variation.

Especially since I recently watched the justice league animated series and its GREAT.

I love the Justice league so much, and having them be portrayed as these doofuses is just...annoying.

Its the worf effect. Their supposed to be competent... Somewhere offscreen.

Im also not a fan of the power ballooning.

"Our Martian is like...A BAJILION more times powerful then that old boring martian guy! Shes even got telechenisis! "

The show itself is trying so hard to be HIP and COOL. And EXTREME! And rebellious against those stupid parent NARK people! And trying to focus more on a kid demographic. Thats why the show feels like a halfway teen drama.

And it ends up missing out on the the type of stuff that made the DC animated universe feel so lively and fleshed out.

Its missing the special scenes. The crucial scenes that made JCA so much more then just a zip zap zop show.

Like in Flash and the substance here. (Around the 14: min mark)

You think they are going to rough him up or give him the batglare...But no... Flash just calms him down.

The way the Trickster talks in combination with how flash addresses him makes you really sympathize with the guy. Its such a great break from all the other brutal fighting.

And the show is filled with that kind of stuff.

This show lacks it, and that wouldn't bother me as much if it wasn't so kiddishly rebellious.