Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
Heh, you really nailed this one, I think.
Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
Agreed! A very Afro Samurai feel in that one.
=D

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
Thanqol; faceless prince pose.

Pretend you have an ax or a whip in your left hand. **** it back for a power swing. Your left hand will be almost directly behind your head, and slightly higher. your right hand will counterbalance by being directly in front of your solar plexus. From above, your arms will make an S shape.

Now imagine the right knee is up. The left leg is straight, Nd the hole structure is leaning forward. Faceless Prince is performing a leaping attack.

Does that help? It's natural to do in motion, but attempts at a skeleton make it out to be a wicked challenge.

Alternately, compact two weapon stance. Left hand at left ear, weapon trailing behind head. Right hand at left hip, weapon trailing either behind left hip, or in front and across (ie mid swing).
Hmm. Will try.

Thank Cassidy for me. That was gorgeous.

Is this from the elusive Target Demographic?
The Primary Demographic, yes. Today she also did these for me.

You might be able to notice where it was it was determined my attempt at linework was 'too slow' and she took over.

Wow. That's pretty stellar improvement.*
*I have to say though, I miss your old pencil drawings. There's a life to your first picture, depth, that the second approximates but which has become lacking in other works. It's like tweeting has taken over. Your works are more replicable, but your polished, difficult to reproduce masterpieces are further between. NORAD, not indicative of anything, but noteworthy.
A symptom of the school cycle, I think. I'm nearing the summer again and as commitments bleed away art comes forth.

Hm. I always see Vulcan with an A-cut. Straight bangs, long enough to form a natural part, probably centered over one eye. Of course, seeing as she was Chinese, I also always saw her with at most translucent brown hair. So.
*Nod nod*

What is three step sketching?
I do a sketch, layer it, darken my brush, sketch again, layer it, darken my brush, and then sketch one more time getting everything right. Time consuming but effective, though I think I prefer my airbrush technique.

I've been toying with the idea of collecting all your (and your storyteller's) stances and opinions on the subject as an easy primer for players I don't want to be contaminated by the original setting.
Link me if you do.

Geeze. I've been trying to nail that forever. What colors are the background and paint, respectively? Can You give me hex code?
Uh, dunno. SAI doesn't give me the hex code. Just eyedrop them and see for yourself.

First thing I notice. You've captured Starry's signature cloak better than I ever could. The ratio of specific to*Indistinct isn't perfect, but I am stealing the hay out of it.*
=D

Color set one. Change the prosthetics to graphite instead of white. Keep the body color, darken the hair to the brown side of auburn, the one where people will argue over whether it's red or brown, an the longer you look the harder it becomes to say. The prosthetics are normally hidden behind stockings and trousers anyway, so you're not losing anything there.

Alternately, keeping the white prosthetics (and I do love me some enameled white) Vulcan would dress to match. Most redheads wear green (darker is better)nap you could give her a green enough coat to contrast with the flame hair and still work with the white. Or mute her "current wardrobe", with chocolate becoming cafe ole, and the graphite being light, burnt charcoal, the almost-white of a coal briquette. You would still need to darken her hair, but it would stay predominantly red.
Great stuff, will try this.

Day 539: Ticklemaster

I think this is the best pony I've ever done.

Links

Time: 1.5 hours
Music: Loreley