1. - Top - End - #285
    Banned

Default Re: General WoD Discussion #2: Its time to Celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Selrahc View Post
    I would say mages are basically the only splat for which raising power stat is mandatory for a powerful character.

Is a Promethean, Vampire or Werewolf really going to be that much better with more power stat instead of merits? Long term, they're ahead a chunk of XP. But as far as playable characters go, I think the merit guys have a much better time of things.

Raising Gnosis works for mages, because mages have one BIG thing going for them, and raising Gnosis makes that big thing better. It's possible to go without, if you're planning on using few improvised spells, but there is a much more noticeable mechanical sacrifice.
    I couldn't tell you anything about a Promethean except I hear the system is utterly unplayable.

An uratha Cahalith with primal Urge 3 is able to add his composure to his allies' defenses, speed, initiative or a mix. An Ithaeur with PU 3 can get a substantial discount on rites, and fetish creation, puttin them ahead not only in XP but also in wealth by... Well, ST Fiat, but still.
    A changeling with Wyrd 3 gets a free shot at the dual kith merit, stronger contracts, better resistance, more glamour per turn and a decent shake at supernaturally high attributes.
    Vampires are conceptually boring an so I've never touched the book. I'll have to fix that at some point.

But no, I've heard from a lot of sources that not putting at least one point into your power stat at the get-go is a death sentence and makes the character too weak for viable play.

EDIT: dang, I am getting dyslexic in my old age...
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-11-06 at 02:14 PM.