Quote Originally Posted by Selrahc View Post
That's not really standard issue, if you're basing it off an optional ruleset to further differentiate auspices. I don't think it really says all that much about the Character Creation rules, other than that if you buff Primal Urge they start to get a bit more wonky. Maybe just don't buff primal urge? Or disallow buying it at character creation of you do buff it?
Well yes. But the concept of RAW insinuates sing all available book resources. Disallowing power stat boost at chargen is my assumed tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by comicshorse View Post
If all you lose is your job from breaking a large Pledge consider yourself very lucky
That's a good point. I am just Leary of using pledges for merits. Too many bad DMs in the past you know?

Quote Originally Posted by ToySoldierCPlus View Post
Only if you're using that Aspect, and even then only if Aspects are being used in the first place.
Book and page, please? That's not in the core book, at least as far as I can see.
That is directly out of core. Reread my statement and then look again.

That's why you only do your really big pledges with your motley. And besides, pledgecraft is integral to changelings. It is literally how they prove themselves to be trustworthy and how they interact with their freehold.
Changeling I am goin through slowly, as a player, and with no eye to learn to ST for it. So I'm begin the curve on the system. I thought you could only really get merits that would make logical sense. If you can make a year long pledge to be someone's slave, knowing they wouldn't abuse it, and become rich out of nowhere, it's no wonder people think pledges are a broken mechanic.