Week One Examination of "Genjutsu".

So, it turns out I hadn't properly added one day's word count into my total, meaning I'm better off than I thought (~17k). I'm easily going to make my self-enforced rule about not bringing the two halves of the story together until at least 18k words. Right now I'm about 3.25 days ahead of quota.

The psionic plotline ("One guy suddenly develops psionic/genjutsu powers...") has had the lead ovder the shinobi plotline ("...in a Naruto-esque world, minus eye-hax and tailed beasts."), although when I did the math it wasn't as wide a gap as I'd thought. Of note, I seem to have discovered the story's "Shikamaru", or the secondary character who is getting more screentime than expected - and she's under the psionic half of the plotline.

Still, there is a gap and it harkens back to the original issue with the shinobi plotline -- I've got what I feel is an interesting world, but not the characters or story to tell there. I'd say two-thirds of the word count that have gone to it are the info dumps.

So for week two, I'm going to try and concentrate on the shinobi plotline and get some characters going (before this morning, the character intended as the #2 character in that plotline hadn't even gotten a word of dialog yet).