View Single Post

Thread: Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

1. - Top - End - #1063
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

So Mass Effect 4 is apparently a thing, and an underway thing at that.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/11/12/a...ware-montreal/

Key quote for those behind firewalls:

"That evolution now takes its next step, with the news that the next Mass Effect game is already in development, driven by the team here in Montreal. This is the goal we have been working toward for years now, and every member of our team is proud, excited, and humbled to take on the responsibility for the next game.

There is really not much I can tell you about the game right now, except that it will be built with the amazing technology of Frostbite as its foundation, enhanced by many of the systems that the Dragon Age III team has already spent a lot of time building.

The other thing I can tell you is that, while it will be very respectful of the heritage built over the course of the first three games, with the original trilogy now concluded and the switch over to a new engine, we are exploring new directions, both on the gameplay and story fronts. You can still expect the pillars the franchise is known for to be fully intact though, including diverse alien races, a huge galaxy to explore, and of course rich, cinematic storytelling."

The main thing is that the multiplayer studio is taking the reins as the main studio behind the franchise going forward. i.e. Montreal is taking over from Edmonton.

Disqus
    Last edited by Psyren; 2012-11-12 at 12:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)