Quote Originally Posted by Spamotron View Post
Tuesday no more spoiler tags required.

So Twilight used 'dark' magic. What's the playground consensus? Is it Dark like the pokemon type and there are no consequences to using it and the show will barely mention it again? Or is it possible the season finale villain will be Evil Twilight?
Okay, fine.

Given how so much of the Equestrian universe is tied to emotions, I would think that 'dark' magic is primarily tied to 'dark' emotions. That is, the problem isn't be capable of channeling anger/rage/etc into magic, but doing so on a regular basis. We aren't any more likely to see Twilight turning evil through one use of a spell than seeing Celestia do so for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
So
Season 3
Spoiler
Show
How would you compare My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic to the Dark MLP Pilots (especially Rescue at Midnight Castle and Escape from Catrina) after onscreen death of Sombra (or is he?)?
Edit: what's next to ramp it up? Pegasus Eugenics (non fatal but creepy if you imagine on one fanon that scootaloo might be spartan second class citizen) or Granny Smith's death?
I'm not sure Sombra was any more dead after the episode than he was beforehand. It seems more likely he was just banished, or pushed out into the frozen tundra.

I've only seen pieces of previous series' movies, so I really wouldn't be able to compare. I highly doubt we'll be seeing eugenics on the show (what movie was ever THAT dark?!) and any death of a character will likely be a sad thing, not scary.