1. - Top - End - #1021
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Woohoo! So what was your favorite part?
    Fluttersuit? Missile Mare? Celestia and Luna pulling out their little black book of hotties?
    My Season 3 highlights just glancing over it in my memory (and my apologies if this is retreading old ground, but there's a lot of thread behind me and I don't think I have the time to catch up):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rarity's "THERE'S CRYSTAL PONIES!?" face has gotta become a ponymote. Normally my best moments go to Fluttershy, but I think she took this one because it clicks on several levels here: apart from being entirely in-character, it's just so blatant it's wonderful.

Twilight's Test song needs to be mashed up with "Trust Yourself" from Home Movies (Not linked for strong language). It'll be hilarious.

You and only you are going to save the empire. Also, your friends are going along, too.

I'd never have guessed Pinkie Pie was that good at cleaning up a party.

Flugelhorn! I know what that is!

Crystal corn must be some very good corn.

Yes, let us trust the bearer of the Element of Honesty to keep the secret fake crystal heart secret.

Okay, yes, she's once again getting by with half-truths. That's our Applejack!

It's too bad we don't get to see the actual evil that Lord Zonde unleashed under his actual reign, and just see afterimages of it. The nightmare door was just really well done and all sorts of nasty.

Rainbow Dash looks cool in a jousting outfit.

Okay, okay, I'll take it easy on you next time. But not too easy.
    And the FlutterDash is reinforced.

Um, so, the Crystal Empire is a giant transmutation circle, and the Crystal Heart is a Philosopher's Stone. I'm just sayin'.

Wait, Applejack x Rarity? You're gettin' your peanut butter in my chocolate, bub.

Stained-glass Spike is the best Spike.

Wait. Um... So- wait. Wait wait wait wait wait, I'm just thinking about this now. Um, is Princess Cadence, like- are we supposed to infer that she's actually a direct descendent of the royal line prior to Lord Bongo's hostile takeover? Like, a family that escaped the empire and hid in secret for X years? I mean, with that one pony in the audience announcing that the Crystal Princess has arrived, and I know that could be more of a title than an actual heritage, but I could totally headfannon that.

The one thing that kinda bummed me out was that the mane 6 didn't spend a lot of time showing off their crystal-evolutions. I mean, that's supposed to be a toy line, isn't it? I was just kind of expecting them becoming crystal to be a big thing. I mean, yeah, it was a big thing, but I thought it'd be more of a rising action than a falling action. Overall, it was an awesome two episodes, with a whole lot of visual work going into Lord Simba that probably isn't going to be noticed outside the internet fanbase. Felt like I was watching Druaga for a moment there.

So yeah, wonderful episode on the whole, the season has now jumped the shark and the show sucks now.
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2012-11-15 at 05:14 PM.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."