1. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Bez-Kismet; or, a rebalanced Hexblade with a much more original name!

I know I'm kind of late to the party on this one, but this is an *awesome* homebrew. I've looked over a bunch of your stuff, and it's all pretty sweet. Hexblade has always been such a cool, flavorful class, but I feel like this really makes them playable.

However, I feel like [along with several other of your classes] they're at least mildly over-powered. If I was going to play one, or allow one in a game I'm playing, I'd make the following changes:

Caster level is Hexblade level -4, minimum 1 [so they still cast at 16 at max level].

Reduce the usages of some abilities to 1 or 3 + Cha / day [they're curse ability, step into the unknown, limit the death ability to Cha/day or less].

Remove aura of dissonance or aura of negation [I feel like one of these is more than enough; alternatively, allow save of aura of dissonance to allow them to retain their caster level, as opposed to spells], and reduce the aura of negation DC [maybe it's just me, but 13 + 2O + Cha, which could easily be over +1O for a grand total of 43, seems high--maybe 1O + class level, or even half class level?].

Tone down the penalty reduction to 3 or 4 at its highest [let's face it, reducing all penalties is an *amazing* ability, and basically negates debuffs].

Maybe reduce the maximum range of auras to 6O--a 9O foot radius is a *huge* area.

Edit: Finally, I'd explicitly state [I don't know if you have] that they *cannot* get luck bonuses or use re-rolls.

I feel like this still leaves you with an incredibly powerful gish with tons of synergy and a caster's worst nightmare.

Again, I love all your classes, especially your paladin and warlock fixes--paladins are no longer jokes, and non-glaivelock/hellfire builds are viable for warlocks.
    Last edited by genericwit; 2012-11-21 at 05:48 PM.