Quote Originally Posted by invinible View Post
Third step: If more characters are still needed; than let third party companies whom got at least 1 character in the game by the first step be allowed to have up to 1 free character they own added to the game for every 50 characters that made it in by the first step, Nintendo second party companies be allowed to have up to 1 free character they own added to the game for every 25 characters that made it in by the first step, and Nintendo be allowed to have up to 1 free first-party/non-second party character they own added to the game for every 10 characters that made it in by the first step.
Either that would make for way too many characters, or way too few cameos. At least two seems like a good (and profitable) idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdr.Fallout View Post
I hate to be that guy, but didn't Nintendo say there weren't going to be any more characters in the next game?
Well, since they say they'll likely not increase the number, they'll prolly change up the characters instead.

I figure this means there won't be anymore "clone" characters, or that those characters will instead become "skins" for other characters (like those recolour things and how Peach had one look like Daisy). If they do that, I'd love to see Roy back as a skin. The Pokemon Trainer could also cover several options.

Mega Man is an obvious choice for me as a cameo character.

A Toon Zelda/Tetra character would be pretty awesome. The Legend of Zelda has some pretty great characters that Brawl has yet to touch upon, like Midna or Zant. Majora's Mask Link with mask transformations would be wicked, though I have no idea how that could be implemented.