If I may, two things.

Spoiler
Show
First of all, I didn't like this book much. Probably my least favourite of the series. Some scenes were good, even if they never really seemed to get up to the speed of some of the others.
But the reveal about the purpose of faerie? Hell no. That ruined the book for me. I liked the faeries as forces of nature. Undirected, inscrutable, vast and powerful. Not as creation's watchdogs. I liked them destructive and immense and only not destroying the world because they held each other in check. And now they are protecting it? The damn fey have a damn purpose? That's just wrong.

Second, a theory on Molly. Or rather, Charity Carpenter. Charity is either a Sidhe, or, more likely, a Changeling. That is why Molly was a vessel of winter.

Charity already made a few cryptic remarks about having magic herself, and being scared of it. I think there is more than that. She even made Michael's armour out of Titanium, not steel.

Maeve did not say that if she was killed, her Mantle would go to a mortal. She said it would go to a changeling not aware of it's nature. Which i think it did.