part 9.5 Rogue Trader
Spoiler
Show
Week 3
SC agent on the ground
Invisibility suits are cheating but I suppose there was no way we would be allowed to let the Imperium know we were actually on the ground on one of their planets.

As far as I've read, this would be the first actual Contact team surveying in force. Golden Goose is being distracted by the unusual space hulk and had let us investigate the planet by ourselves, judging that a normal Hive world would be safe enough.

Of course, that's not to say that the Mind on board isn't watching us, but that it's chosen to focus most of its information capacities on the space hulk instead of the planet. Which is an obvious decision to make given that one is considerably more interesting than the other.

Ok? That's good enough a preamble for the post-incident report then?

Sorry to leave the post hanging but I don't have time to write any more today.

I've read the Dark Adeptus and the description of the Data Daemons is considerably less scary than I was given to believe. Mainly that they're about as bad as I've made scrapcode in this fic except that they can also manifest physical form and infect other machines by touching them.

The last bit is important as basic physical containment is possible (the Astartes held the daemons off with bolter fire), they don't spread like Nurgle diseases spread (aka. via the Warp). Drop and burn all data connections to the infected portion then physically destroy the media will work. The Culture would already by capable of doing so as quickly as the daemon can spread.