Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
Yeeeeah. It started off with the light coming from the camera and then went up, I guess. Then the gift boxes had their own lights. I dunno. I was a bit annoyed because Photoshop was fighting me while I was doing it (you'd think that clicking the button to turn off the pressure sensitivity would do something but noooo) so I did what I usually do and said "Screw it. Good enough."
I've found it interesting as I slowly try to mend my ability to create, rehabilitate it, to experiment with solid, flat colours. I'm not sure experimenting with them has been helpful as such, but it's certainly been interesting. It also helps, because I really don't seem to be able to do any kind of meaningful lineart with my Tablet (possibly psychological), so smudging big blobs of colour around with a simple, flat round brush is a way of getting round that, more like painting than drawing and apparently I can work with that.

The real test will be once I've polished up the flat colour version of what I blocked out in the "Beyond the Everfree Forest" pic I put the rough up of, and done the next basic splodgy form of lighting because the plan is to take it past that stage and turn it into some kind of actual shading or something. Will have to see how that goes.

All that said, the whole flat colour lighting thing I've been messing around with does make it slightly easier to try and consider where the light should be coming from, though I'm super lax about that even now.