View Single Post

Thread: The Path to the Throne

1. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Path to the Throne

The back rooms of the Thaumaturges' Club are legendary. Luxurious leather seating that adjusts to the sitter's will, access to an excellent historical library, near-instant drink service (not that Ethan ever partakes), and countless other amenities make it the place for a noble wizard to take a meeting. Ethan ensures that he is regularly seen entering a private room. Sometimes he activates the wards, whether he is taking a meeting or not. Sometimes he leaves them off, which is generally understood as an invitation to enter should someone want to converse.

That's why Ethan is quite pleased to see the man in the red cloak take a seat opposite him in the Club. A new arrival, perhaps, and of the social caliber to gain a membership. Definitely someone to get to know.

After he hears the man's pitch, he leans back and frowns pensively. "As to what you want from me: My discretion you have regardless. I would not betray one who came to me with such an offer. I may even be willing to devote my time to this... endeavor. But my allegiance, that is not so easily bought." He leans forward again, peering at the man intensely. "What is in this book that you feel is worth the loyalty of House Adar?"
    Last edited by 4th number; 2013-01-10 at 01:52 AM.
    My Winter Warrior sweeps the awards at Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition X!
    Avatar by Mr. Saturn ** My Homebrew Signature[/SIZE]