Quote Originally Posted by flyingchicken View Post
Than I think you should work conscious of your speed. With some work I honestly think you could do better in 3-5 minutes in the future than with 30 now.
I don't know about being always conscious of the time, but I do agree that you could probably be a lot faster. I don't know if you're doing a lot of pre-work that isn't in the final image, but I would place practising to get more time efficient as one of your priorities perhaps. I'd have to say, I'm very surprised at what I can get done in 40 minutes or so sometimes, and that was just from practice.

----

Anyways, after getting home I always seemed to be short on time and/or motivation for the first few days. Thus the first half of this is all crap, and not really worth looking at. I am getting back into the swing of things a little though, which is good.
The scanner also doesn't seem to be attached to anything, and I can't find the cable anywhere, so I'm still taking photos with my phone. It does make the photos easier to upload, but quality suffers as you all know.

Spoiler
Show

Day 198:

I spent most of the day in moving vehicles and only got out my sketchbook after I arrived at home, having been up for over 24 hours at this point. Thanks to the magic of international travel however, I had a wonderful 32 hour day to work with, so the challenge was not failed. Nonetheless its only a barely visible quick sketch of a Mountie with a flag riding a bear. I felt I needed to post it anyways despite the fact you can't see anything.
Spoiler
Show

Day 199:

A baby husky, lying on a pillow.
Spoiler
Show

Day 200:

Worthless doodles, maybe like 5 minutes worth.
Spoiler
Show

Day 201:

A simple sailboat outline.
Spoiler
Show

Day 202:

The Rainbow Factory. My first time actually spending some time drawing since my return.
Spoiler
Show

Day 203:

The Travelocity gnome. Since he seems like a swell guy.
Spoiler
Show

Days 204, 205, 206:

Gestures, gestures, gestures.
Spoiler
Show

Day 207:

Abraham Lincoln.
Spoiler
Show

Day 208:

And today, a bulette from D&D.
Spoiler
Show

That feels better now that I've stopped being lazy and actually posted everything.

Now on to the second topic: tablets. I got reminded about them the other day when I found my work has a massive Wacom one (with a built in monitor and everything, I'm envious) for CAD work, and that I was going to look into acquiring one myself when I got back. So, any advice, suggestions, recommendations etc.? Or just a good place to start my research.