1. - Top - End - #245
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Class and Level Geekery IX: the thread levels up again!

Quote Originally Posted by SowZ View Post
    This wouldn't mean Shojo has to be that old, sure, but it is worth discussion. Just like whether or not Belkar took Craft Disturbing Mental Image as a feat was worth discussion. Personally, I think it was just a joke and not literal. But it is definitely worthy of bringing up.
    No, I think it is not. Imagine I call you "Oh, don't be so old and grumpy and stuck in your ways" in a silly internet debate to express I think you focus too much on unimportant and informationless detail (Note I'm not doing it, this is just for the sake of the argument here).
    Now someone comes along and claims you are "old", based on that statement. My line was a worthless statement in regard to carrying actual information very similar to Belkar making jokes or Roy trash-talking to Miko.

Yes, it is worth bringing up but not worth talking more for three posts about it and then dismissing it as "joke" or "trash talk". Roy's comment does not carry more information than "Roy thinks Shojo is old" for which we need no evidence at all (and it surely does not tell us how old Shojo is).
    Last edited by Winter; 2013-01-20 at 07:44 AM.
    Ser Ilyn, Ser Meryn, Queen Cersei, King Joffrey, The Tickler, The Hound, Ser Amory, Polliver, Raff the Sweetling, Weese, Dunsen, Nale, Ser Gregor Clegane and Chiswyck: Winter is coming!