1. - Top - End - #203
    Bugbear in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Iron Chef Optimization Challenge in the Playground XLI

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    That was my biggest issue with spell versatility if you read it as making the favored soul spells count as arcane 24h then you could argue that the favored soul spells are arcane, and from there there would only be a step to: favored soul grants spells, favored soul spells are arcane then favored soul grants arcane spells. Imho, if that reading doesn't fling, well, expecting to be able to give arcane spell casting to the favored soul via feats was probably worse.

Of course this relies on a really specific reading of spell versatility and it wouldn't really work. That, and the huge feat investment to meet prerequisites and be viable when not using the trick was what at the end kept me from using the build. I might play it in gestalt, someday though
    Unfortunately there is no way to interpret Spell versatility that way. It very clearly works only at the time of casting the spell. And even if it did work that way you can only mix the parameters of classes you possess. You don't have any arcane classes on the build so you wouldn't be able to mix that into your parameters.

It is arguable that Spell versatility can't change a divine spell into an arcane spell or vice versa. The support for this argument lies in the examples. It doesn't say something like "change your arcane spells into divine spells so that you can ignore arcane spell failure." It simply says you can ignore arcane spell failure on your arcane spells because you could ignore it on your divine spells. This would imply that divine and arcane are sources and not parameters.

P.S. You are right about gestalt. Geomancer in general is an incredibly potent addition to any gestalt campaing and is often overlooked. The possibilities are nearly endless and can get very impressive.
    Last edited by Gotterdammerung; 2013-01-21 at 06:41 AM.