Quote Originally Posted by dethkruzer View Post
Also, the player never really learned much of her motives, which I intend to explain as the true evil behind her is revealed. This brings me to my dilemma, I wish to portray her as having fallen in love with the real villian, with the real villian simply having played along, using her to furthen his own schemes. I need to have the real villain get rid of her(preferably while mentioning about having outlived her usefullness), and really just seal the deal that, while there may have been some redeeming qualities to this previous villians, this new villian has nothing good to say about, no redeeming qualities, no soft spot for baby penguins, no nothing.

So, I was hoping some ideas, on how should I do this?
Big explosive exit is good, so it should stick. So, if the players haven't really learned much of her motives, then that's on them and you. Still, nothing wrong with doing it posthumously, with the player( character)s exploring their... misconceptions about the villain.

Also, the bolded fragment is a no go, don't cheat the players out of their grand victory to have a cliche. The real villain can explain to the player characters that they did him a favour in getting rid of her when she outlived her usefulness and it should work just as well from your perspective, but much better from the players'.