1. - Top - End - #711
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Re: GitP Dwarf Fortress Succession Game 4: Dwarves on Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Good to see our crack squad of marksdwarves doing so well. (Most are already professional or thereabouts during my turn. Should be a few elites by now.)
    They were murder incarnate on my LAST turn. That was like 6 ingame years ago. I should hope that they are doing well nowadays with thirce the number and plenty of years of practice.

edit for update:

18th of Hematite: Our most expert sniper dwarves eliminated the "siege" as I knew they would, but we were all surprised, I think, when it turned out to only be one squad of broglins after all. I am pleased to note that not a single dwarf died of enemy action. Of their own foolishness however, that is another matter. No fewer than NINE dwarves of the fortress for various unknowable reasons, attempted to enter the drainage pipe that works to remove the lake enough so that we may properly finish the planned dam. Five of them drown, including one of our marksdwarves. The rest were assorted peons, children and other such common rabble. Efforts to carve out an escape tunnel for them only caused more flooding, although one did escape out of it, and the rest that escaped did so out of the main doors that are there for that purpose. The airlock setup for the doors prevented flooding from reaching the fortress proper, and I ordered the area as a restricted zone for all the good that it will do.

The lake seems to be going down at any rate, and the dam should be up in no time. The elves left in a hissy fit after being accidentally offered a pig tail bracelet, but we had already procured most of the useful animals off of them, and our fortress is sufficiently prosperous, that nothing else that they carry is direly needed.

25th of Hematite: Another wave of migrants comes to the fort, bringing much needed laborers. Clearly they have heard of my grand design. Speaking of which, the WEAPON is coming along nicely, although I will have to come up with a better name for it than that. Something that captures its purpose, design, and the doom it will wreak among our foes all in one dreadful word. I shall have to think on this.

19th of Malachite: A carpenter has withdrawn from society and produced an artifact table out of wood, iron, some bones and some gems. I order it put into our main dining room with a masterwork seat set at it so that all the fort may admire it's craftsdwarfship.

8th of Galena: The dam is finished and the lake drainage tunnel sealed off once more. The lake will now flood back up to full, but without the constant drainage off the the west, and our river is no longer diverted. Also, this will serve quite nicely as a moat to deter our enemies.

11th of Galena: Human merchants are here, and I must see to them. The WEAPON is a little over half done. If the pattern of caravan arrival coinciding with goblin ambushes holds true, by the time the Dwarven caravan arrives, we will be ready to test it.
    Last edited by iyaerP; 2013-01-25 at 10:00 PM.
    Claspedchurches: This is a mudstone dwarven fortress. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with bauxite, studded with ice, decorated with gold, and adorned with hanging rings of magma. This fortress menaces with spikes of steel, iron, bronze, and silver. On the fortress is an image of an image of cheese in pitchblende.

On the fortress is an image of a megaweapon in gold, silver, jet, obsidian and adamantine. The goblins are burning.