Quote Originally Posted by Gnorman View Post
New archetypes: I like the Beacon of Hope - I'd been toying with one of the zealot's capstones being the ability to project two auras. Leader by Example could be fun, too - probably a Noble archetype.

Death Ward: it used to be Enervation, which I'd thought was a bit overpowered for E6. But my hesitation was probably due to metamagic abuse like Empower SLA - if I make it explicit that you can't use any metamagic feats, I might return it to Enervation (which really makes the most thematic sense).

Impel: I'll consider it. After all, White Raven Tactics can be used every encounter.
Happy to contribute
Bastion: When I overhauled the classes most recently, I never quite finished some of the archetypes. My bad. The sentinel is still in dire need of some work.

Landsknecht: See immediately above.

Sentinel's DR: DEFINITELY should have been half Constitution modifier. I've changed it to "Constitution modifier or level, whichever is lower" to prevent a high-CON sentinel from having DR 5/- at level 2, which would be a bit much, while still allowing it to scale up to 6/- at level 6, where it seems more acceptable.
I do not want to pressure you or anything, but with the game starting and everything, it would really help to have something in that spot
Tyrant: Even if they stack, they're just too similar. I'm going to have the Tyrant be able to summon minions with thematic special abilities, like goblins with bombs strapped to their back. What evil overlord wouldn't love to be able to sacrifice minions to achieve their goals?

EDIT: Here's the new Tyrant ability:

Lesser Archetype Power: When summoning minions, the tyrant may apply one of the following three abilities to them:

Toxic Assassin: This minion gains the Sneak Attack ability of a 1st-level rogue, though it may only make such attacks with melee weapons. When it dies, it produces a noxious cloud that lingers in a 10' radius for three rounds, dealing 1d6 acid damage for each hit dice it has (minimum of one) per round to any creature caught inside. A Fortitude save (DC 11 + the minion's HD) negates the damage entirely. The minion may, as a standard action, sacrifice itself to produce the cloud.

Unstable Scout: This minion may teleport up to 20' as a move action, as per the Dimension Door spell. It may not bring other creatures or any objects besides its starting equipment, but it is not restricted from taking actions after doing so. The minion deals 1d6 electricity damage to anything caught in the path of its teleportation. When it dies, it may teleport up to three times as an immediate action, dealing 1d6 electricity damage per hit dice it has (minimum of one) to anything caught in the path of its teleportation (each target can only be damaged once). Any creature damaged by the minion's death throes must make a Will save (DC 11 + the minion's HD) or be stunned for one round. The minion may, as a standard action, sacrifice itself to trigger the triple teleportation effect.

Volatile Saboteur: This minion possesses a ranged attack that deals 1d6 fire damage. Treat this as a thrown weapon with a range increment of 20'. When this minion dies, it explodes, dealing 1d6 fire damage for each hit dice it has (minimum of one) in a 10' radius. A successful Reflex save (DC 11 + the minion's HD) halves the damage. The minion may, as a standard action, sacrifice itself to explode.
Well, I must say I love this concept. It reminds me a lot of Overlord - the game (probably intentional?). Much better than before.
However, I think you just broke the class for me, as the game we are about to start takes the hard view against magical effects (i.e they are a no-no).
Would it be possible to have an official-looking note saying that in low-magic settings the ability works as before (and link te description)? Otherwise I might have to change class after all.