Thread: [Nexus] Sencardia

1. - Top - End - #115
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Sencardia

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [The Spiral Staircase]

Well I guess I thought the armor was falling down further than he was. Ah well.

Either way it seems Deveric's handling it fine. He definitely heard someone else shouting about intruding and sleeping.

Things are worse in this town than he thought!
    "How can you sleep with all this racket going on?" Reinholdt calls down from the third floor to the artist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    Second Floor

Well, whatever was going on up there, they sure were making a terrible racket. The closer he got, the clearer it became. Metal on metal, something crashing down the stairs (again?). And, barely intelligible from here, someone speaking? To who? Kaleano couldn't make out a reply. He climbs further up the stairs, reaching the second floor, and keeps going.

It's about then, as Kaleano prepares to call up again, that a voice reaches him!
    "Certainly, I could not! I still have things to do before resting my head. However if you'd rather not be bothered," whoever you are, anyway, "then I'd be more than happy to move on. I'd hate to be a bother."

[The Spiral Staircase - 4th Floor]

Deveric technically hears the conversation between Reinholdt and Kaleano but he's not really listening. At the moment he's way too preoccupied to be distracted. His grip slightly loosens as he's taken aback by this new sight, to which the creature takes advantage of. It musters enough energy to throw a punch at Deveric's rib cage, which is luckily deadened by an underlying plate armor as equally hearty as the creature's own. The chronomancer recovers from his surprise and then proceeds to further crush the thing's neck in his steel-like vice. In return the ashen-skinned creature tries to relief the grasp by placing its own hands on Deveric's arm.

"A... a Netherial? I thought your kind had left this world. How are you even here right now?"

Suddenly Deveric grows angry. This wasn't right, they shouldn't be back after the final war had seen them off into the distant cosmos. He must have been deceived somehow.

"Why won't you just leave?!"

The Netherial's eyes turns from hostility to fear as its windpipes are crushed. Suddenly Deveric removes the scythe from its shoulder and slams the thing into the wall.

"Once more I ask: Where. Is. He." He loosens his grip so that it can speak. Gasping for breath, it attempts to talk but to no avail. Deveric gives the Netherial a second or two to catch its breath.

"Umalar... in Umalar...." the voice that emits from its mouth is aside from being raspy, very disjointed and alien sounding.

Deveric nods as if his suspicions had been confirmed. He thinks over the consequences of this revelation. Directing his attention back to the Netherial he gives off a smirk hidden by the plague mask.

"I was never going to let you live."

He snaps the creature's neck. Its lifeless body falls down and rolls a little way where it lands by the helmet. Walking over, Deveric picks up the helmet and examines it. It sort of looks like:
    Spoiler
    Show
    http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2011/10/untitled-9.jpg
    minus the rectangles sticking out on top, and instead of the dozen of so small holes, there are 4 glass circles arranged in a diamond in the center of the mask. It had been a while since he had seen this famous design of armor. Not only was it an effective piece of armor but it could also be used as a type of plague mask.
    Last edited by Time for Never; 2013-02-12 at 03:40 AM.
    Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself. - Bernard Shaw

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - Bernard Shaw

Nexus FFRP Characters

My excellent avatars were created by Kymme and Herpestidae