Quote Originally Posted by Brom View Post
I expected more from an intelligent, potentially higher level Cleric who worked alongside a strategist of Tarquin's class, and had a host of vampiric abilities to draw on. The whole, 'oh my, he could throw Cure spells,' would have been MY concern (okay, I've played undead PC's, but -still-) from move one. Vamparism lends him a whole lot of mobility, and even if he didn't have HEAL to throw, even just continually hurling lesser cure spells would have ruined Malak - and that's exactly what Durkon could have done, since Durkon is a positive energy channeler. If Durkon cared to he could swap every single spell slot for cures.

So what on earth is Malak doing in his Touch range? It seems such an obvious pitfall. I mean, at least throw down a Shield of Faith or some other Touch AC boost?

Sad. Didn't expect Malak to die like a gimp before Belkar or Vaarsuvius could even show.
The sheer... density of it all is making me expect that something bad is going to happen. Really, really bad. Not sure for whom.

Someone with 35 years of adventuring experience should have more sense about their own weaknesses than that. Something is up.