Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
you are misunderstanding some rules, but to be fair, there's like 3 creatures with gaze attacks, so it's not like it comes up much or it gives us much chance to practice:

gaze attacks let you "avert your gaze" to only have to have a 50% chance of having to make the save in exchange for granting the gazer concealment.

however, if your enemy wants to protect themselves fully, they can close their eyes (effectively blinding themselves) which gives the gazer and all other enemies the saver may be facing total concealment
An opponent can avert his eyes from the creature’s face, looking at the creature’s body, watching its shadow, or tracking the creature in a reflective surface. Each round, the opponent has a 50% chance of not having to make a saving throw. The creature with the gaze attack gains concealment relative to the opponent. An opponent can shut his eyes, turn his back on the creature, or wear a blindfold. In these cases, the opponent does not need to make a saving throw. The creature with the gaze attack gains total concealment relative to the opponent.
So by RAW it seems that even if they take the second option, only the creature with the gaze attack gains concealment. Silly and most DMs would probably rule otherwise but it seems like RAW.

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
while that may indeed be true, an opponent can't (without cheating) know if you are still gazing or not the next round if his eyes are closed and he has no other means of visual input. su abilities don't have components and there's no spellcraft to roll
Hm yes, I didn't think of that. I concede the point again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
" Any creature struck by a slime lord’s natural attack must succeed on a Fortitude save"

That is the crunch. No mention of pseudopods. If it was intended to be pseudopods only, why did they not mention that in the pseudopods entry? Why did they mention the slime in a seperate entry at all when if it was for the pseudopods alone, it wasn't included in that entry. An unarmed strike is a natural attack. If an opponent is hit by a natural attaclk, pseudopod, or otherwise, they take the Slime paralyze.
Ah I see. I beleive the RAI was that the slime would only coat the pseudopods (due to it saying "A slime lord’s pseudopods are coated with slime that can paralyze a foe.") but of course RAI doesn't count for much.

For a RAW argument I would point out that it says "natural attack" not attacks. So by RAW only one of the natural attacks would gain the benefit of the slime. Since it doesn't say which natural attack gets the benefit of the slime the most sensible interpretation is too assume it only applies to the pseudopods (though you could make the argument that you get to choose).