Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaZ View Post
hiryuu, it sounds there like some of your players just didn't want to play the sort of game you were intending. I'm puzzled though by their not at least looking at some of the media. Maybe when they said they weren't familiar with it you could have pointed to say the SCP list which is at least online?
I did. Even offered to lend DVDs, send links to synopses and theme ideas, or send files. If they weren't interested in playing that sort of game, I'd have been happy to alter things - I even tried a few times to inject a few more combat scenarios into it (and ones in which being a sniper/sharpshooter type would let them get the drop on the enemies), which those last two players actually outright attempted to avoid or flee entirely, rather than, say, do what their PCs were good at.

If they didn't want to play that game, they could have just said something (especially when I asked for confirmation if this was okay, and got back "yes" several times). There was literally just no communication despite repeated attempts by me to open dialogue.