View Single Post

Thread: OotS Style Art/Fanart Showcase V

1. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: OotS Style Art/Fanart Showcase V

This would be so spoileriffic for my fancomic, if it had text.

Quote Originally Posted by CountD View Post
    Alright, sorry for the double post, but I got a bit of work done and came up with what I think is a slight improvement over my original. Compare.

versus

I slimmed down the width of the body (I tried the length, but when I shortened it it just kind of looked wrong, I'm not sure why), rounded out the elbows to the classic look, changed the colors to make it lighter, and (probably most notably) changed the hair dramatically. It looks awful and scraggly but this is just an attempt at getting the hair to match the actual curvature of the head and look a bit more natural.

Still can't figure out how to round out the fingers without attaching little dots to the ends, but I'll get that when I have more time to explore Inkscape.

Anyway, hope that looks a bit like an improvement.

Edit: Also increased the width of the arms and legs, possibly some other stuff that I can't recall.
    The second version is better, but still has some problems.
    Namely, line weight. I honestly still have problems with this in my own OotS stuff...
    The the thickness of the lines should be closer than they are. For example, the thickness of his arms and legs compared to the thickness of the outline on his body just looks weird. Or there is his fingers compared to the outline of the hilt (and the rest of the sword). Also, his smile line is too thin compared to the rest of it as well.
    Last edited by asdflove; 2013-03-09 at 10:33 AM.
    My pronouns are they/them, but I don't care much.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew