1. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Reputation and alignment [Houserule, 3.PF, E6 - HELP WANTED!]

Regarding knowledge skills used in diplomacy checks: here's the line from Unearthed Arcana, which I'll now add in to the OP -
    "The GM may substitute a Knowledge skill bonus for the Int modifier if he decides the character’s past activities apply to a particular field. For example, if the character were a cleric, Knowledge (religion) might be appropriate."

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Good- Diplomacy
    Evil- Intimidate
    Chaos- Bluff
    Law- Sense Motive.

It makes a certain amount of sense- Good, Evil, and Chaos are typically proactive forces.

Law, outside of certain movies, is usually reactive- you have to commit an infraction before it moves against you.
    Yes... but you gain the bonus because the target knows your reputation, which changes their attitude slightly towards you.
    That makes it hard to justify Sense Motive: how does your reputation make it easier to understand other people?

I guess my problem comes down to the fact that there are only three active social skills in PF - Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate - and I have four alignments to work with.
    However, there's nothing to say that we can't have one skill for two alignments... I'm thinking maybe Diplomacy again for Law, because your honourable rep lends weight to your arguments - does that seem sensible?
    Last edited by Altair_the_Vexed; 2013-03-17 at 03:01 AM.