1. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: GitP Fighter Fix #18343.3- Ziegander-Grod Tag Team Action!

Nothing? I'm a bit nervous that he's a mite too strong, compared to a Warblade or Swordsage... and possibly MAD... and that the two main mechanisms (Strategy/Repertoire and the Talent Pool) don't mesh together well enough.

Also, as a plausible and simpler alternative to the Repertoire... (I guess consider this an ACF?)

Combat Versatility: At first level, choose three weapon groups. For each weapon group, you may select a number of fighter bonus feats equal to one-half your fighter level, rounded up. (See the "Strategy" column). Whenever you wield a weapon from the specified group, you gain the chosen bonus feats.

At 4th level, and every subsequent 4th level, pick one new weapon group.

You may select the same weapon group more than once. If you do so, you gain a second set of bonus feats usable with that weapon. When wielding the weapon in question, you may switch between sets of bonus feats as an immediate action.
    Last edited by Grod_The_Giant; 2013-03-22 at 09:55 AM.
    Hill Giant Games
    I make indie gaming books for you!
    Spoiler
    Show

STaRS: A non-narrativeist, generic rules-light system.
    Grod's Guide to Greatness, 2e: A big book of player options for 5e.
    Grod's Grimoire of the Grotesque: An even bigger book of variant and expanded rules for 5e.
    Giants and Graveyards: My collected 3.5 class fixes and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use