View Single Post

Thread: Hamma Jamma [3.5 Prestige Class]

1. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Hamma Jamma [3.5 Prestige Class]

Quote Originally Posted by Mephibosheth View Post
    The wording of this is a bit awkward, imo. I'd recommend something like, "The hammer bro gains bonus feats chosen from the fighter bonus feat list. He considers Leap Attack a fighter feat for this purpose. If a hammer bro chooses Leap Attack, he gains the benefits of the feat as long as he is wielding a hammer, makes a successful Jump check, and is within one range increment of his target. A hammer brother can apply the Power Throw feat to his Leap Attack instead of the Power Attack feat, if he so chooses. Finally, a hammer bro can select Power Throw as a bonus feat even if he does not meet the Power Attack prerequisite."

Or something like that. Just a suggestion that would make the paragraph read more smoothly in my mind. Take it or leave it.
    I like it. I wrote this very early in the morning right before going to bed, so there were bound to be wording issues.

What exactly are the parameters of this hop? Does the hammer bro move? Does he have to make a Jump check? My guess is "no" on both counts, but the word hop implies some sort of movement so I figured I'd ask for clarity's sake.
    I could have sworn I had included a portion on this. Maybe I deleted it on accident. Anyway, you're right on the "no" answer to both. The hop itself does not move the hammer bro; it's part of movement.

Another re-wording suggestion: "At 2nd level, when an ally hits an opponent with a melee or ranged attack, a hammer bro can also make a thrown hammer attack against that opponent as an immediate action." Also make sure to designate whether this is Ex or Su.
    That wording was killing me. I don't know why I didn't think of this. Thanks.

What's the attack bonus for the follow-up hammers? How does this interact with full attacks? Can a hammer bro with multiple attacks per round use this ability on each one?
    Good questions. The attack bonus for each would be at whatever bonus the attack that triggered them was at. In this way, you'd be allowed to do it multiple times per round since the lower attack bonus makes it harder to hit and they do half damage anyway.

Again, what's the designation for this ability? Su? Ex? Something else. Also, if the hammer bro has multiple enchanted hammers, which enchantments apply to this ability. And why not call it "Hammerspace?"
    It's extraordinary because it being supernatural would bring up all sorts of questions in an antimagic field and that, frankly, is just too much complication for its own good.

Also, ha. I'm changing it now.

I like this ability. Thrown hammers seem uniquely suited to ranged sunders and bull rushes, especially. Make sure you specify the hammer bro's size for some of these maneuvers, though. Bull rush and trip have size-based bonuses/penalties. Do thrown hammers count as one-handed weapons for disarm purposes?
    Good points. I'll see what I can do to clear all of this up.

Great, fun class! Thanks for posting it.
    I really appreciate your critique, and thank you.

EDIT: Changes made.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2013-04-02 at 05:27 PM.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).