Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
Every time? You mean, "once." I don't remember anyone telling him he was a good leader when he got himself killed. In fact, I remember the exact opposite.

Also, Haley reunited the party and resurrected Roy. I'd take her track record over Nale's any day, and I don't see anyone questioning his legitimacy as a leader.
I'm not sure Eugene counts. He'd have insulted Roy for anything pre-strip 500 except actually killing Xykon. Meaning no member of the Order questioned or praised his poor tactic of Dragon Jumping.

Haley didn't do as much to reunite the Party as Celia did. Haley would have stayed in Gobbotopia forever if Celia hadn't intervened. Celia prevented the party from sending Greysky into a warzone. Celia indirectly cured Belkar's curse and revived his city killing powers due to the cowardly cleric. Celia enabled Haley to have the satisfaction of killing Crystal unlocking some sort of character development. All Haley did was know Blind Pete and UMD a sending scroll.

I think Nale is a good leader. He gets his party to listen to him and do exactly what he says, which Roy cannot do. He consistently recruits members. He can buy himself time even against opponents more powerful than him. It always takes random luck and intervention from outside forces to thwart his plans against the order. The only reason his 2012 record is so low is because Tarquin is just that much better and Nale is scared of him and Malack. I have no doubt that if the linear guild were more inclined to saving the world, Xykon would have died at Azure City.